At BURNCO we value our customers and we strive to exceed expectations with excellent support and a personal touch that sets us apart from the competition. We’re also proud to support our community and our employees with a solid commitment to environmental and social responsibility. BURNCO recognizes that the safety of our employees, contractors and neighbors is critical to our long term success. It’s a responsibility that we take seriously in everything we do.
PROUD TO BE A GOOD NEIGHBOR
BURNCO has implemented several initiatives to lessen the impact that the Shoreline Quarry makes on the State, our local community and the environment as a whole.
- Installation of a potable water line will supply neighbors who were previously on well water systems.
- We have subscribed to a low impact energy plan to reduce our impact during state-wide peak or high demand hours.
- Installation of native plant and vegetation berms to reduce noise and sight pollution.
- State-of-the-art water reclamation and recycling systems will reduce water requirements at the facility by 90%
- Secondary water capture and filtration systems will back up the primary system and ensure that water is captured and treated on-site prior to any discharge.
- A separate on-site fresh water pond will be developed to act as the primary water source for the facility as well as a wildlife habitat.
- A power conditioning system will be installed to reduce grid interference and peak loading.
- All of our sites employ stringent quality control that help protect our employees, our contractors and our community.
- BURNCO employs best-practices programs that benefit our employees, their families and the communities that we’re proud to work in and serve.
- BURNCO has implemented a company-wide safety program to ensure that our employees, our contractors and our community are as secure as possible.
312 acre site, 100 acres of which will be developed as a limestone quarry
1.1 million tons of limestone products will be produced annually
Supporting over 100 jobs during construction
16 full time employees
Construction costs exceed $20M with over half of that being spent on local suppliers near Shoreline
Upon completion the quarry will contribute more than $1M annually to local suppliers